Receive career advice from CON alumni who have been in your shoes and network with someone in your area/specialty of interest!
College of Nursing Alumni Mentors assist current nursing students to explore career options and provide networking leads and general advice. Mentors help students interested in their city or field of nursing become familiar with the area and what it is like to work in a particular nursing-related career field.
Participating is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- STEP 1:
- Review Virtual Nursing Alumni Mentor Meet & Greet Look Book, so you have an idea of the alumni mentors you want to connect with during the event.
- NOTE – You will have the opportunity to attend four 20-minute zoom sessions during the event.
- STEP 2:
- Complete and submit the Mentee RSVP Form below – the deadline is 9/18/2021.
- NOTE – The areas of interest are for planning purposes. You will not be restricted to these responses on the day of the event.
- STEP 3:
- Review and keep Zoom instructions that will be emailed to you following submission of Step 2’s Mentee RSVP Form. You will receive confirmation and detailed instructions for the event after the submission deadline.
- NOTE – On 9/24/2021 – SESSION START TIMES ARE: 1:30PM, 1:55PM, 2:20PM, 2:45PM, and there will be a 5 minute transition time between sessions.
ATTENTION: Not all mentors or specializations are available for this specific event, and occasionally a mentor is called away and unable to participate in the event at the last minute. The current list of participating mentors is below and in the Virtual Nursing Alumni Mentor Meet & Greet Look Book. Please review them so you have an idea of the alumni mentors you want to connect with during the event. You will have the opportunity to attend four 20-minute zoom sessions during the event, with each followed by five minutes to switch to leave your current session and enter a new session. If you would like to stay in one zoom session for longer than 20 minutes you are welcome to do so. You do not have to switch zoom sessions if you are having a good conversation or are not interested in other areas.
If the mentor or specialty you are looking for is not available for the Sept. 24 event, please use the information in the complete Mentor Look Book to reach out to a mentor directly at a later date. We hope to see you at the event!
2021 List of Available Alumni Mentors/Specialties
|Administration||Karen Pane (BSN 1984), Patricia Tischler (MSN 1980), Elaine Whidden (BSN 1965, MSN 1988)|
|Aesthetics||Holly Boyd (BSN 2005)|
|Anesthesia/IV/Acute Care||Rodney G.B. Clements (BSN 1996), Rachael Drayton (BSN 1997), David Penoyer (BSN 1973), Stephanie Weinsier (BSN 1993, DNP 2011)|
|Education/Research||Anastasia Albanese-O’Neill, Monique Bouvier (BSN 2006, MSN 2007), Lisa Hollingshead (BSN 1979, MA 1985-UCF)|
|Informatics||Blair Hebner (BSN 2009, MSN 2014)|
|Mental Health||Professor Emeritus Jodi Irving|
|Pediatrics||Kara Godwin (BSN 2009, MSN 2012), Chris Schreier (BSN 2008, MSN 2013, DNP 2018), Tracie Salber (BSN 1991)|
|Public Health||Mark Bagby (BSN 2018), Joseph Bertulfo (BSN 1993)|
|Transplant||Ashley Marie Bodor (BSN 2014), Jason McDowell (BSN 1993), Ken Foote|
If you have questions or would like more information about the program, please contact Jessica Clayton.
Virtual Nursing Mentor Meet & Greet